Milestone will definitely open one hour later for staff and pupils tomorrow Monday 5th march .
Having just returned from inspecting our site it is apparent the snow and ice has thawed remarkably quickly and I am pleased we will certainly be able to reopen Milestone and our satellites tomorrow as per plan communicated on Friday and which is still posted below
Whilst it would be tempting to now alter Friday’s plan and begin at our normal time, I have concluded that making such a decision would simply cause confusion for staff, families, pupils and especially our many transport companies.
In parallel this extra hour will enable the site team to conduct a thorough examination of the building following this unprecedented snow fall
I do understand this has been a frustrating time for one and all and I trust by the end of the day tomorrow we will back to normal!
Friday 2nd March update – Milestone Academy very much aims to re-open on Monday.
The Met Office is indeed forecasting that Sunday 4th March may bring a relative ‘thaw’ and perhaps some rain. If one/both of these events occurs I hope we can move forward with even more confidence with regards to opening on Monday.
So rather than simply ‘hoping’ these events on Sunday occur I wish to share the following plan with Families and Staff for Monday so that we have (irrespective of what occurs on Sunday) the strongest possible chance of opening :
I trust that having this information to-day will help families and staff to now plan ahead for Monday.
Thank you to families and staff for your co-operation and understanding throughout these challenging past few days weather wise.