Dear Parents, Carers and Staff
Ski trip Pila, Italy – Coronavirus
I am writing to inform you that, after very careful consideration, we have made the decision to postpone our Ski Trip to Pila, Italy which was due to depart on Saturday 29th February for a group of our pupils and staff.
Due to the significant media attention about the changing situation with Coronavirus we have consulted with the two other special schools that we were due to travel with (Oakley School and field School). In addition, we have consulted with Kent County Council and the Tour Company as well as considering the emerging advice from the NHS and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office before making our decision.
We are disappointed for our pupils at this time, but have assessed that the risk is too great for pupils and staff of either contracting the virus or being placed in a quarantine situation or any other potential impact they may experience during or following the trip. We are also mindful of potential risks for everyone in our whole school community if the trip were to go ahead.
We continue to actively monitor and follow NHS England, Government and KCC advice to ensure we keep all of our school community safe at this time.
Yours faithfully
Nigel Jones