Dear Parents, carers and families,
I trust this letter finds all readers as well and safe as possible. With the greatest of respect, please read the whole of this letter as it contains important information regarding reporting and receiving of COVID information during the Christmas school break 2020.
I wanted to specifically write to parents/carers and families in conjunction with Simon Beamish’s letter, specifically where Simon comments on how one sets about reporting a confirmed case of COVID-19 from end of business Friday 18th December through to midnight on Sunday 3rd January.
As Simon stated in his letter:
‘’To enable contact-tracing to be undertaken by the Trust over the Christmas holidays once our academies are closed we are launching a parent COVID-19 reporting portal which will operate for the duration of the holiday period. This will allow all parents to report positive cases using a simple form without needing to call or email your child’s academy. The portal also gives updates to parents on the status of each LAT academy over the festive period, plus further advice about how to manage positive test results and suspected symptoms.’’ LAT CEO’s letter to parents and carers – 7/12/20
Thus, I wish to draw your attention to the following key points with regards to Milestone Academy:
- Our phone number of 07834 417977 will be suspended from 2pm 18th December 2020 to midnight on 3rd January 2021
- Should a parent email email@example.com, an ‘out of hours’ reply message will automatically be sent to the sender – this will include instructions as to how to report a COVID case involving your son or daughter (see link below)
- Should your child develop COVID-19 symptoms between Friday 18th December and midnight on Sunday 20th December which then results in a positive COVID-19 test result you should inform the academy as soon as possible using the LAT parent reporting portal ONLY. This also applies if your child is asymptomatic and has a test between the same dates.
- If your child develops symptoms on or after Monday 21st December, then you do not need to inform the academy via the LAT parent portal if they test positive as contact tracing will be managed by NHS Test and Trace. This also includes if your child is asymptomatic and has a test on or after the 21st December.
- If your child develops symptoms and tests positive on or after the 25th December and up until midnight on Sunday 3rd January then, as well as co-operating with NHS Test and Trace, you should inform the academy using the parental portal as your child may need to isolate during the first few days of the spring term.
With regards to all of these points plus details on what needs to be reported and when please visit our parent COVID-19 Parental Portal at:
There will be supporting information also placed on our Website from Friday 18th December at 2pm should you need to find electronic versions of the information placed in this letter.
Arrangements for receiving notification of any positive COVID-19 cases between Friday 18th and Thursday 24th December 2020
Furthermore, should I need to contact certain parents and/or staff regarding a positive Covid case being established during the Christmas break, the window of me doing so will run from Friday 18th to Thursday 24th December inclusively.
Finally, I wish to thank LAT for providing Milestone with this excellent support and reporting system over the Christmas break.
Thank you for your ongoing support and may I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas.
Nigel Jones | Principal