To view the Ofsted dashboard, please click here.
The Board of Leigh Academies Trust has a range of powers and responsibilities that it is legally required to carry out, working in a close, balanced partnership with the Chief Executive and Academy Principals, to ensure that each academy provides the best possible education for all its students. Detailed, cross-cutting work is carried out by three central Committees – Standards, Resources and Audit – which report to the full Trust Board.
Milestone Academy also has a local Academy Board. The Academy Board is responsible for the governance of the academy. In particular, it performs the following statutory functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The Chair of Milestone Academy Board also sits on the Trust Board to ensure effective, coherent governance across the Trust as a whole.
Further Information About Governance
The following links will take you to further information regarding the academy’s governance arrangements:
- Development Group’s Terms of Reference
- Trust’s Annual Report and Audited Accounts [2016-2017]
- Trust’s Annual Report and Audited Accounts [2017-2018]
- Trust’s Funding Agreement & Articles of Association
- Leigh Academies Trust Governance Structure
- North-West Kent Cluster Governance Structure (including names of governors)
- Academy Board Pecuniary Interests
If you have any queries concerning governance at the Trust or its Academies, please contact us by email at the following address: email@example.com.