For all pupils at Milestone Academy school uniform is compulsory from Year 1 to Year 11. Our logo reflects the recent uniform colour change incorporating a royal blue to represent primary, navy blue to represent secondary and gold to represent the thread that runs through the school connecting us all as one community.
We do fully understand that pupils with physical disabilities and/or sensory needs may need flexible clothing designs but are required to fulfil the school’s uniform policy. In individual cases where this is not possible, the school will work flexibly with families to ensure pupils are comfortable in school and ready to engage with learning.
The exception to the information below is pupils at either Milestone@The Leigh or Milestone@Wilmington, if your child is at one of these settings you will be informed separately of the uniform/dress code for this setting. Sixth form pupils on the main site may come to school dressed appropriately for the activities of the day.
- Milestone Academy logo sweatshirt or cardigan, royal blue for pupils in the Primary College and navy blue for pupils in the Secondary College
- Grey trousers, shorts or skirt
- Summer blue check dress
- White polo shirt, collared shirt or blouse
- Sensible flat leather black shoes, trainers, plimsolls or prescribed footwear.
- No sandals or open toes are allowed for safety reasons but wellington boots can be used in school if required
- Plain blue or black coloured shorts
- White or college colour T shirt
- Jogging suit
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Jewellery must not be worn except watches
- Ear-studs are the only item of pierced jewellery that are permitted and must be removed and given to the teacher during PE or swimming lessons as a safety precaution. Your child must be able to do this for themselves.
- Religious chains may be worn provided they are worn under the shirt.
The academy is not responsible for the loss of any jewellery.
We celebrate pupil’s individuality but pupils should not be distracted by their own appearance or by concerns about their appearance.
If you would like to purchase items of second-hand uniform, please contact the school office who will be able to support you with this (email@example.com or 01474 709420).
To purchase our uniform, please visit the Brigade website linked below.